Important Information for Swine Flu Treatment in Bengaluru
Union Government has identified the SDS Hospital & Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases as the facility in Bangalore for testing isolation, and critical care of confirmed swine flu patients. The BIAL has set up a screening facility at the Bangalore International Airport for all the inbound passengers flying into the country to prevent the spread of H1N1. Doctors from the Hospital are round the clock screening the passengers at the Airport.
Below are the contact details of the BIAL and Rajiv Gandhi
Institute of Chest Diseases
BIAL Contact Details – 91-80- 66782258/52
BIAL Swine Flu Center - 91-80-22001490
SDS Hospital & Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases 91-80-26631923
1.Each passenger flying in from an International Location is required
to fill in a Form which he or she will be given at the airport.
2.Passengers flying in from USA,Mexico,Germany, Canada,Austria,New Zealand, Spain,Israel, Ireland,El Salvador, Republic of Korea, China, Italy and UK are specially examined for Swine Flu symptoms
3.A passenger who has Flu symptoms such as Fever, Cold and Cough is immediately handed a mask.
4.The passenger is then sent to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, Bangalore.
5.The passenger is kept in isolation for 24 hours or till the time his or her routine test results are available.
6.If the tests are positive the person is quarantined and kept in the isolation ward.
7.If the tests are negative then the person is allowed to go home.
SDS TUBERCULOSIS & RAJIV GANDHI INSTITUTE OF CHEST DISEASES
(Govt. of Karnataka)
Bangalore - 560 029
Helpline No: 91-80-26631923
K R Market, Kalasipalayam, Bangalore-02,
Vaidehi hospital ( Isolation and Critical Care)
#82, K.R. Puram Hobli
Mallige Nursing Home
Mariappa Road, Siddapur
Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560011
(Testing and Blood Collection Center)
Fort Road, Kalasipalyam
K R Market, Bangalore
(also know as Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute)
# 33/4,Near Ulsoor Lake
Meanee Avenue Road,Ulsoor, Bangalore
St Martha's Hospital
5, Atmananda Colony,
Vittal Mallya Road
Airport Road (Old Airport)
Ambedkar Medical Institute and Hospital
St Johns Medical College Hospital
Sarjapur Main Road,
Near Koramangla,Bangalore- 560034
M. S. Ramaiah Medical College
MSR Nagar,New BEL Road
#877, Modi Hospital Road,
II Stage Extension,
West of chord Road,
Bangalore- 560 086
Keep it handy if you are flying into the country
Your Passport Number
Your Flight Number
Your Seat No
Date of Journey
Transit Port if any
Telephone Contact Details - Mobile No / Landline No if any
1. First you will have you will have to register at the OPD of the Hospital
2. A specialist doctor will check you and advise regular tests
3. The Hospital guards will be your best friend while you are at the facility and he will guide you through the registration and the Lab Procedures
4. Typically the doctor will ask you to get a chest X Ray and Blood test done
5. When you go for the X Ray center make sure that you breathe in when the X Ray is performed, the technician may sometimes forget to tell you this and your X Ray may not be of any use afterwards and you will have to wait for one more day.
6. Get your Chest X Ray done before 1:30 pm as the X Ray center closes after that time 7. The Blood collection and testing center is adjacent to the OPD and you may have to go there and give your blood sample. Do not forget to ask the Technician the time when you can collect the report. In some cases the blood sample is taken at the Isolation ward
8. After you have given your blood sample and got you chest X Ray done, the doctor will advise you to go and wait in the Swine Flu Isolation Ward.
9. In the mean time if you are hungry, you are free to go and have food.
10. After you go back to the Swine Flu Isolation Ward, a Intern Duty Doctor will take the details mentioned in the ‘Information that you need to keep handy’ from you, he/she will check your BP, Heart Beat, Weight and will take other relevant medical details.
11. In case your Blood report has not come to the Isolation Ward and the ward is under staffed on that particular day, you will have to go and collect your report from the Lab, make sure you reach the Lab before 4 pm.
12. The Doctor will come to the Isolation ward and check your reports and will examine you for the Flu Symptoms
13. In case you have some of the Flu Symptoms you will be given a mask immediately and your swab sample will be sent to the National Institute of Virology, Pune.
14. Depending on the severity of your symptoms you may be allowed to go home or you may be isolated at the Quarantine facility
15. If your tests are normal you will be allowed to go home .You,your friends and your family can heave a sigh of relief.
1. OPD Registration Fee- INR 30
2. Lab Charges – INR 80
3. X Ray Charges- INR 50
Total Cost (approx) in INR – 160
We would like to thank Dr. Shashidhar Buggi and Dr. Shivraj for being kind enough to spare some time to speak to us and for validating the Swine Flu testing procedure outlined above. The way they have managed the entire testing procedure in the Institute is really applaudable, given the state of infrastructure and facilities.